Monday, April 8, 2013

I'm starting my week at Rick's, a friendly cafe on Cowley Road. It's a good place to work, which is why I guess all the people around me are staring intently into their macbooks. I am writing my essay on Gus Van San't Elephant and want to finish it before I leave for a short excursion to Barcelona this coming weekend. I am trying to explore the significance of 'walking' in the film and link it to how it treats the school as a space. For me, the most strenuous part of writing an essay -- or any piece of writing for that matter-- is always the first paragraph. There is so much pressure on the first couple of sentences, the need to be engaging, witty, intelligent, and unique all at the same time!


P.S. Guess what I found at Tesco! The New Maltesers Teasers! Double tease, is what it is. Of course, they aren't as fun to eat as the original balls. You both know that I find great joy in scraping off the chocolate and nudifying them to shame.  

3 comments:

  1. Makes me wanna try all different types of malteasers. I found malteaser bunnies at the airport and had some, but the original balls were def better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss my maltesers, why won't they sell them in Korea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can import them; it could be your business project.

      Delete