Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I bought a small treat for myself yesterday in a fit of ennui and thirst for novelty. My new kalanchoe flower is a sweetheart (Look at Ratty sniff it, he adores it) I deliberately chose a pot that has yet to bloom to watch its shy buds blossom into full skirt of beautiful petals. My track record for growing plants is astonishingly bad, as you probably recall from my killing off the little flower we were given on our coming-of-day ceremony back in high school. The poor thing literally withered to death. It also killed off my appetite for attempting to mother plants, for I was childishly offended and hurt by its demise. Hopefully, my new roommate won't be as inconsiderate; Tyrant Ratty will keep on eye on it for sure. 

2 comments:

  1. The little flower bulbs are so cute! Let us know when they bloom :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ratty is so fashionable. Best of luck in keeping the plant alive this time around!

    ReplyDelete