Monday, April 29, 2013

I love going to a favorite cafe and discovering new things about it. Today my flatmates and I went for a late brunch to Oxfork, the sweetest brunch place near home. We were seated in the far cozy corner, right beneath this vintage floral lamp and mirror that looked like a whirling skirt. I loved how they complemented each other, one with light and the other with self-reflexivity. Oxfork has the most amazing brunch menus, my favorite being the Little Veggie American which is fluffy pancakes served with an egg, halloumi, and maple syrup. I have it with Girlie Grey tea and it is difficult not to be happy.


Brunch talk involved everything from a friend's potential break-up, her lack of emotional courage, visa issues and 'bought' marriages, problems with illegal immigration (did you know that in Italy, it is against the law to kick people out of a house if they have a child? So technically, if your tenants were not paying rent but were raising a child, you as the landlord/owner would not be able to oust them from your property. Insane law in my opinion), my dissertation topic, child actors and what becomes of them, the redundant plot of Mad Men, the stupidity of making the 2p coin, the even more astonishing inaneness of the administrative bureaucracy in Oxford, how the English love to play with letters and documents, and a range of other equally arbitrary yet delightful topics. The best way to spend a grey Sunday afternoon. 

1 comment:

  1. oxfork!! such a lovely place.

    there's this cute little tea place i wanna take you when you visit NYC.

    my last Sunday afternoon was rest, tea, and sleep after service.

    ReplyDelete