Friday, April 5, 2013

The boys and I have found a new pastime to spice up the monotony of working during spring break. Badminton is a fitting choice because it's fun without being too physically intense and is fairly easy to pick up. We usually play 2:2 taking turns for teams. Flat 7 vs Flat 8, English vs Continental (Since Korea isn't an island I guess I can accept the terms), etc. I am by far the least competent player of the four. Ed and John are naturally talented at playing sports, having played rugby and hockey since they were big enough to walk. They are in the process mastering ridiculous swinging positions, such as hitting the shuttlecock between the legs. Max is a decent badminton player in his own right. I'm not bad and have quick reactions (as the boys say) but I could improve on serving techniques and power. The best part about badminton though, is waking up the next morning with muscle aches from the shoulder down to the back. They make me feel rather heroic. 


3 comments:

  1. Try playing basketball with the boys. They will be most impressed by your powerful shooting skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know if they will be impressed by my form though; Appalling shooting posture!

      Delete
    2. i second that! are English as hyped about basketball as Americans are?

      Delete