Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Prologue

I must admit that, for the past two years, anything I’ve ever written in length has been on the stock market and the economy. I have not bothered to keep a diary (until very recently) and have only written a few letters/birthday cards. Bottom line: I feel quite uneasy writing this blog entry.

This laziness in documentation actually surprises me since I consider the last two years to be quite an eventful and emotional period in my life, to say the least.

If I were to find a reason for this laziness, I would blame myself for leading a very myopic life. My normal day centered on getting my work done simply in order to get off from work as soon as possible. I was constantly trying to get away from something but towards nothing.

Fortunately, I have recently had two occasions that have stimulated me to change my perspective. One was a brief encounter with my mentor and one was my spring vacation with old friends (a spring awakening indeed!).

Stimulation is easier to achieve than we think. Meeting a new person, few days of travel, a book, a song, or even just some sunlight. Yes, stimulation is easy. But using that stimulation as a fuel for change is much more difficult.

I am hoping that this blog, a documentation of my daily encounters and interaction with my loved ones who have always inspired me since we met in high school, will help me remind myself to feel, live and be stimulated. And maybe even to change.

2 comments:

  1. I love the thought of sharing everyday with you! As this blog has done so for me, I think you will also quickly fall into the charm of musing and writing for your most loved ones. I hope that our small corner of the universe stimulates us all and documents the flickering changes of ordinary life : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a mere suggestion to keep a blog together has become a window for us to share our mundane and yet meaningful moments overseas!
    Regardless of how infrequent we meet, I'm so blessed to have friends willing to reveal our deepest inflictions and joys.
    Welcome on board, Daisy :D Glad to have you with us <3

    ReplyDelete