Wednesday, April 3, 2013

New York is almost a second home to me now, considering that I've lived here almost seven years so far. Wait.. I better qualify my statement to upper west side of New York. My family moved more than ten times because my dad used to be a journalist. So we haven't spent that long of a period in one place (we live in the suburbs now but might move to Seoul again).

When at school, I sometimes forget that I'm in New York. I fell in love with this school when I was sixteen years old and the love-hate relationship began. But this year, the love for this school and campus grows everyday as I spend more time on research at my favorite library spots. and building a living community here through morning holy star QT gathering, Harlem explorer volunteer, and Sunday services on campus.

The view of the sky from a study room I discovered my second year of grad school endowed a feeling of renewal and peace on this ordinary Tuesday morning.

1 comment:

  1. I think now for me, New York = Ssem's city (where I was lucky to be a part of in 2008). I think many of our friends will make the same equation as I!

    Also, it's quite wonderful to find yourself in a love/hate relationship with NYC. A big part of authentic love, I think, is knowing what you dislike yet still finding more reasons to give it love.

    ReplyDelete