Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Last evening, to greet C back from Rome, I tried my hand at cooking aubergine-and-goat-cheese-penne, a recipe I found on the BBC Good Food website. Cooking for me is always a hassle as I easily get flustered by all that needs to be done. In other words, my culinary methodology is one that has no order. Luckily, I had dear M to sprinkle herbs into my quite bland tomato sauce, and a hawk-eyed JMS to remind me that I had to take the garlic bread out of the oven. It was the first time in a long time for all the members of our flats (minus rugby E who has gone to Miami and tall J who is Gods knows where he is) to have dinner together, so it was a casual and pleasant evening.


Naturally, I brought up a topic I had been musing with JMS and M over lunch: If our two flats were to star in a horror movie, what would be the order of our deaths? See below for our scenario. 

# : order of death /  X - name of character / - : reason of death

1. C  - standard horror formula that pretty and sweet blond chick is first victim
2. M - the scientist of the group who tries to handle situation with reason 
3. rugby E - tries to escape on his own but fails 
4. JMS - heroically tries to save me from killer
5. myself - (*R-rated death)
6. El - who is allergic to nuts, is discretely fed cashews by killer 
7 & 8. S & tall J - both survive because the latter would be the killer, and has spared S because he secretly loves her. Both will return in sequel. 

Definitely an engaging game to play around the dinner table!

4 comments:

  1. You survive until the end! I don't wanna even imagine myself being in a horror movie position >___<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love how you refer to eggplant as aubergine in UK. hehe

    ReplyDelete