Sunday, April 21, 2013

The past week just flew by.


These trees with white flowers in front of my apartment greet me every morning as I step out to go to campus. Monday morning was a bit gloomy but appeared to be like any other ordinary morning. Then ended with the happening in Boston. It could've been any city. Events like this remind you that normal everyday life is not boring nor meaningless. I used to make plans for five, ten, fifteen years ahead, but not anymore. Living every day to the fullest and choosing to live every moment became more important, after realizing I can't foresee what will happen in the future, except what's been promised. 

What are some things you will never let go? I wondered what led them to pursue such act. How some people here reacted have also dismayed me. 

While tension accumulated in MA, the rest of the week was sunshine here in NYC. And I finally started enjoying researching full-time, now that I'm almost done with SDDS responsibilities. I'm quite enjoying this research phase, working in my favorite spots on campus. For some reason, I don't remember spring twenty-twelve. This spring is full of hope, energy, and initiative. I'm trying to hand in my MA paper by May 1st, so must go do some more research!


1 comment:

  1. The Boston incident was such a scare; honestly, the arbitrary nature of these acts frightens me as well.

    Some things I would never let go? I don't know anymore-
    I am not sure if I feel strongly about anything anymore;
    the world has weakened my core.

    President of the SDDS! Very proud, and good luck on your paper!

    ReplyDelete