Thursday, April 4, 2013

I wonder when you girls start each morning. Late evenings sometimes provide a setting for reflective and time-constrained essays, but sounds of ambulances and noisy people on the streets often disturb my train of thought. In general, I prefer serene early mornings. From Monday to Friday, I usually wake up between 6 to 6:30. If the weather permits, I take a walk outside.

April air in New York is still uninviting, so I read, write or pray and then go to morning QT(quiet time) gathering that starts at 7:30 on campus. New graduate school friends, ssong unni and I started this gathering in the fall 2010, so that we can routinely read the Bible. In the fall of 2012, we opened up this group to everyone on campus, non-Christians and Christians attending different churches to attend to reflect on the verses of the day and share on their reflections.


Today, one of the nonbeliever SJ oppa has received acceptance to pursue a PhD in accounting and it was his last day to attend. So we had a breakfast feast to celebrate! It was timely since others had also received acceptance and we hadn't celebrated Easter together yet.


Sharing the morning and a meal together can be life-changing, even if we don't realize it. Apparently, it was the same for oppa as well. I've been thinking about what it means to be a healthy living community. The more I think about it, I'm blessed to have these people and to have met you girls in my teenage years <3 <3 

3 comments:

  1. You early bird! I imagine that having a morning ritual for yourself is very comforting. I should create one for myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mandy you were once an early bird... although you did fall asleep right after you received the call.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I most certainly did not!
      I fell down the ladder of the bed and tumbled to the floor. You ought to remember, since you always told me how noisy I was.

      Delete